Vaccine Information and Our Office Vaccine Policy
Our Office Vaccine Policy
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and save lives.
- We firmly believe in the safety of our vaccines.
- We firmly believe that all children and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- We firmly believe, based upon all available literature, evidence and current studies, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities. We firmly believe Thimerosal, a preservative that has been in vaccines for decades and r4emains in some vaccines, does not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
- We firmly believe by never vaccinating your child you are taking advantage of thousands of others who do vaccinate their children, which decreases the likelihood that your child will contract one of these diseases. For the many special needs and immunocompromised children in the office and waiting room, unvaccinated children pose an unacceptable risk to these children that will not be allowed.
- Indiana state law states all children entering a state education facility must be up to date on childhood immunizations or provide proof of medical or religious exemption. Philosophical exemption is not allowed in the state of Indiana.
We are making you aware of these facts not to scare you or coerce you, but to emphasize the importance of vaccinating your child. Should you have concerns, please discuss these with your health care provider at your first appointment.
If you should absolutely refuse to adhere to the AAP recommended vaccine schedule, we will ask that you find another health care provider who shares your views. We do not keep a list of such providers, nor would we recommend any such physician. Please recognize that by not vaccinating you are putting your child at unnecessary risk for life-threatening illness and disability, and even death.
As medical professionals, we feel very strongly that vaccinating children on schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the best thing to do for all children and young adults. Thank you for your time in reading this policy, and please feel free to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about vaccines with any of our providers.